by Pilgrim's Pride | February 10th, 2013
UPDATE: The first government-extremists shooting victims in retaliation for revenge killer Chris Dorner are not Asians as initially reported but rather Hispanics: Emma Hernandez, 71 and her daughter Margie Carranza, 47.
What a story for our times.
Chris Dorner is the LAPD cop and U.S. Naval Intelligence officer who snapped and is taking revenge on those he holds responsible for firing him several years ago. The story is covered in detail in many places and won’t further be recounted here.
Rather, I want to collect several initial impressions from the manhunt currently underway, especially with regard to the police response and the implications for honest United States citizens in the Age of Terror. I hope these will serve as a springboard for discussion and serious analysis, particularly in light of the Obama/Feinstein citizen disarmament effort also currently underway.
- The police response can only be described as “panicked”.
- Three innocent citizens were targeted with deadly force by “shoot first, ask questions later” police officers despite gross dissimilarities in their “profiles”. Dorner is a 250# Black man in athletic condition. The victims were respectively middle-aged and elderly, slender Oriental women and a youthful, trim, White man.
- Dorner has eluded capture four days as of this post. Where is all the “Big Brother” surveillance and Fusion Center “intel” we read about in the newspapers? It would seem that we are not getting any value for our trillion dollar expenditure, even ignoring the Orwellian aspects of that mission for purposes of this discussion.(For that matter, Why has not the U.S. eliminated our domestic crime problem after a decade of government paranoia and snooping on our every movement? Are we to believe common criminal organizations are more capable than dedicated “terrorist” cells?”)
- Dorner’s self-professed motivation is to reclaim his good name after what appears to be serious abuse of his by the LAPD with respect to criminal violation of the physical safety, not to mention civil rights, of arrestees. No mention of this has been forthcoming from the LAPD, the mayor of Los Angeles, the state attorney general or the governor. Or the Feds.
Much was made since Sandy Hook of outright confiscation of Americans’ privately owned firearms. “The Only Ones” worthy of bearing “military style” weapons, we are told over and over again ad nauseum are “military and police”.
Yet here is a man that is both “military and police” who has gone stark raving mad, killing three citizens including a fellow cop; worse yet, by orders of magnitude, the presumably professional, dispassionate and well-regulated manhunters unleashed negligent, deadly, government small-arms fire against three innocent citizens that we know about thus far. Yes, we imply there may be more “collateral damage” yet to be announced.
- Is Big Brother all he’s cracked up to be? Is his bark worse than his bite? We do not see any particularly amazing capability on display in the Chris Dorner manhunt, certainly not one worthy of our DHS/FBI/NSA police state. What does this mean to us, the common lowly citizens who pay for the anti-terror apparatus at great expense to purse and our Liberty?
- Why are our police flustered and panicked by one man? How would they respond to a team of such men? A town of such men? A country of such men?
- Certainly, any attempt to confiscate American firearms, or impose a draconian tax burden, or “manage” our food, clothing and shelter under martial law conditions, would provoke a similar backlash. Is it realistic for our government even to postulate such oppressive schemes given their apparent inability displayed in the Dorner fiasco?
- If an LAPD police officer and United States Navy lieutenant, a member of the elite Naval Intelligence organization, can crack and turn into a well-organized, murderous vigilante (and that is the kindest description we can plausible grant him), Who can we trust with the power of deadly force? It seems quite clear the government at several levels is unable to guarantee even this degree of responsibility for one of their own long-time employees.
Thanks but no thanks, Big Brother. Guaranteeing my personal and family safety is one core competency we are not outsourcing to you or anyone associated with you.
If you want something done right, you’ve got to do it yourself.